1. Come prepared and rehearsed with a song and printed lyrics
2. Allow time to breathe and become comfortable with the space
3. Call a production meeting with the team to clarify goals before recording
4. Run a take, then listen back in the control room and discuss
5. Once comfortable, play the song through several times. Now everything is captured.
6. Listen back, and pick best takes.
7. Take a break and visit the trails, make a live post for fans, while the engineer sets up the mix and the videographer edits.
8. Come back for a full playback, and tweak if need be.
9. Bless the mix and video and go home.
10. The audio/video team will master the audio, finalize video, and send a final product to you by day's end.
by video director Sarah Randolph